Thursday, June 20, 2013

Do Overs

I worked in the yard again today. Too much time to think and reflect and realize how wrong I got it all. If I was given the chance to do it over again here are some things I would never say, be quiet, don't hug so hard you are squeezing me, I love you but just don't like you right now, stop, no I don't have time to sit and watch a movie in the middle of the day, go to sleep, sit up, please don't embarrass me, comb your hair, brush your teeth, grow up, you have to do it my way, I'm too busy, hush, or give me some space. But if God Almighty, Lord of All, King of all Kings, Abba Father were to give me one more day with you, no just 8 hours with you or even one minute here is what I would say, I love you more than my own life, If I could take your doubts and fears completely away I would, The day you were born was the most amazing day and I thank God every day that I get to be your mother, You are the most amazing talented and gifted musician and song writer and no matter what type of music you are making I love just getting to sit and watch the beauty you are creating, Never stop hugging me because it feels me so with warmth, I love you beyond words, You have the kindest and most giving heart I have met, Your ideas and thoughts are brilliant and I could listen to you for hours because you are wise beyond your years, Please never stop hugging me and loving me, I am so proud of you, There is nothing you can ever do to make me embarrassed or stop loving you, Please don't die...I love you my sweet boy. Take the time now to be truly in the moment with your children or loved ones. We don't always get tomorrow or do overs.

No comments:

Post a Comment