Sunday, October 23, 2016

The Valley

When out of the blue the pain rips my heart in half and the panic ensues to where my breath can not be caught, my heart is pounding out of my chest and anxiety paralyzes my very movement. When it comes out of the blue so unexpected, it hurts just as fresh as the first day. The pain is paralyzing but duty calls and you have to continue with your life when all you really want to do is lay down and cry. Then you cry out, "Why, why today do I have to relive this? I've been so careful to keep the pain tucked away, out of sight. Then from nowhere it came as if to consume my life. No person or drug can take that feeling away. The only thing left to do is to cry out to God. Please, God take my pain. I slowly feel His arms go around me, tenderly and whisper in my ear My child I can't take your pain. You must go through it but I will be here by your side. As I cry and beat my clutched hands against His chest I feel the wetness. The wetness from His own tears as He grieves with me. Yes, even though you walk through the valley of death- I will always be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment