Thursday, July 19, 2012

Been through hail?

I saw several signs today as I was driving, Been through hail?, Have hail damage?, Get hail recovery. I got to thinking about that and realized those signs represent life too. All of us have been through hell, have hell damage, and need hell recovery. I know in my own life I have walked through the deep depths of hell. I have so many dents and broken parts to my life because of the hell damage. And I constantly need hell damage recovery. It is a part of life, everyone will at some time get hell damage. Some people put their cars in the garage to prevent hail damage they same way they try to prevent hell damage in their life. They live in fear and don't get out of their comfort zones but stay close to home so they don't ever run the risk of getting caught in hell. Problem is life happens and they get caught out in the downpour of life and go through hell totally unprotected. Others buy insurance for their car's eventual hail damage. We too try to buy insurance. We try to prepare our self for bad times. We put aside money, we stock up on drugs, surround ourselves with support. But when you go through hell money can't buy you out, drugs won't make it go away, and people tend to flee. Still others try to outrun the storm. But time catches up and the storm hits you full force while you are running hard. Then the damage is done. We walk around living life with dents and broken parts. Some people have little bitty pecks, others huge caverns and pieces of their life completely broken off. We can get the quick fix, the ones who pop out the small dents but the strength of metal is never the same. We can buffer and polish and try to make the outside look perfect again, but still it is never quite the same. We can try to buy new parts but the model is different and somehow it just doesn't fit right. Or we can accept our dents and broken pieces and go the Master who with will walk hand in hand with us as we go through our own private hell. He will hold the dents and bumps and broken pieces right along with us. And when the hell becomes so loud and damaging there seems no hope that anything can be salvaged He will hold us in His hands and see the beauty and worth of who we are not what we are. He will gently carry us when we can't go any farther because we are so broken down. Then He will bring out the sunshine so things look brighter and begin the hell damage recovery, one day at a time with Him. I hope your days are all sunny and bright but no one escapes hard times. You must walk through the shadow of hell and back at some point. When my storm hit I am so glad I had insurance. I am so glad I kept my car in the garage a lot. But when I was caught in the ultimate storm of life I was saved from my hell by Jesus, my comforter.

No comments:

Post a Comment