Saturday, July 28, 2012

Don't Cry Momma

I looked up in the evening sky, that time when God gives you a little glimmer of how beautiful Heaven will be. I noticed the giant orange ball of fire setting with streaks of red and gold shooting up as if the sky will open up right there before you. As I stood for a moment looking at God's beauty I heard myself saying, "Sweet boy, do you miss me?" As I continued watching the setting sun I felt a small small whisper deep deep in my heart, Oh mamma yes I do. I miss your laughter, smile, warm comforting hugs. I miss the family at dinner saying our highlight of the day. I miss the warmth from my brothers and wisdom from my dad. Oh yes, mamma I miss you, but mamma it is so much more than we ever imagined. There aren't words to tell you of the beauty and joy. I feel like that wide eyed little 5 year old who so innocently asked Jesus into my heart not really knowing what was in store for me. It is so magnificent. I came that morning and the joy and warmth I felt was so immediate. I knew I had come home, my real home, momma. Jesus held me in His arms, Himself. He walked the entire way with me. Oh, momma, it so amazing. I know you miss me, mamma. Jesus watches as you cry and He hears each and every prayer. His heart breaks with you and you know those days when you just can't go on? Momma, He is right there with you, some days, carrying you each and every step. But please don't cry for me. I am so at peace. I am happy. I know what true love is. And please don't wish you were here right now. You have so much more to do. I know, I see. But remember though it may seem like a long time, but before you know it we will all be together. I can't wait until I see you and give you a giant bear hug. But until then keep working, keep praying, keep sharing, keep trying to bring people to Christ. I want them to see what I see, feel what I feel, and be where I am. So, yes, momma I miss you and can't wait to see you. I love you momma. Then as quickly as it came it went away and the sun set.

1 comment:

  1. My heart hurts and sings with joy at the same time, because I know they miss us, but they are home, preparing a place for us. And yes, there will be foil Friday.

    ReplyDelete