Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Timing is everything

Timing is everything and God's timing is perfect.  I was reminded of that today.  I have a friend, Weezie, who has pancreatitis.  She will be going along fine and then all of a sudden have an attack.  I thought she was going home on Tuesday but she didn't.  On Wednesday God began urging me to go visit her in the hospital.  I was busy getting ready for a trip and thought it is so far out to Mercy.  But I kept feeling God's urging.  So I got in the car and went to see her.  We had a wonderful visit.  During our time we went over why was this happening?  She kept saying it made no sense for her to be so sick.  She was feeling fine and then all of sudden it hit and she ends up in the hospital.  And why didn't she get to go home yesterday.  Finally, I prayed over her and said my goodbyes.  I went to the elevator and as the door was closing a young lady ran in.  I smiled at her and she made a comment about the elevators and spending so much time in the hospital.  I asked if her person had much longer to be there.  With tears forming in her eyes she said no.  She went on to tell me they were suppose to go home with hospice yesterday but her friend decided to stay in the hospital.  I asked how long they gave her friend ?  Her lower lip trembling she said hours, anytime.  She went on to tell me her friend, a 28 year old mom of two boys,had kidney cancer.  As we walked out of the elevator I stopped her and told her I didn't know if she was a believer but would she mind if I prayed for her and her friend?  She looked up with tears streaming down and said yes, please.  Right in the middle of the lobby at Mercy Hospital I wrapped my arms around this precious sister in Christ and prayed for her and her friend who laid upstairs dying.  Timing is everything.  If I hadn't listened to God's urging I would have missed this chance to minister to this young lady.  If I hadn't been thinking of all I had to do and missed my turn I would have missed this chance to minister to this young lady.  I would have gotten to the hospital and earlier and left earlier getting on a different elevator.  God had this all orchestrated.  Wow. We walked out to our cars and she continued to talk of her friend.  She said, "My friend has asked me if it will hurt."  I looked a little puzzled and she went on to explain her friend was scared dying might hurt.   We had a chance to talk about Heaven and how you get there and what it might like.  I told her my son had died a year and a half ago and how knowing he was in Heaven and what he was encountering helped me.   How he got to worship God himself every moment of every day somehow helped in my missing him.  She thanked me for praying and talking to her and we went our separate ways.  As I got in my car I thought this is why Weezie was in the hospital.  For this very moment.  I also wondered how many other opportunities had God orchestrated and I had missed them because I was too busy to listen to His urgings?  Or too busy on my phone to notice the young lady with tears in her eyes? Oh just too tired to talk to one more person?  I am thankful God gave me the chance to pray for that young lady.  And I hope if her friend is still alive tonight you will pray for her to be free of pain and fear.  And to pray that we all listen more to what God tells us and to open our eyes to the amazing opportunities He places before us. 
Oh, when I called to tell Weezie I knew why she was in pain and in the hospital she was thankful.  She said it was worth what she went through so this young lady could be ministered to.  What a lady. 

No comments:

Post a Comment